MR2ZEV Cash

Value:

Welcome to the EV Club!

Latest EV News and Hot Topics

Moderator: kchiang

Welcome to the EV Club!

Postby kchiang » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:01 am

Welcome to the EV Club!

EV Club is a place for us to help spread the word that electric vehicles are good for the environment and are making a difference on this wonderful planet we call Earth. The idea for the EV Club is simple. By combining and tracking our combined EV stats (miles driven and such), we show the world measurable results of the difference that we are making to help motivate more people to become electric vehicle owners as well as invest in clean alternate energy technologies such as solar or wind. As a fun bonus, as the club grows, I will be looking for solar company and electric vehicle company endorsements so that the club can offer periodic incentives from these companies to further help those interested in installing solar systems or acquiring EVs. I will be thrilled to be able to give away a set of solar panels, a Nissan Leaf, or a Tesla Model S to club members one day.

July 7th, 2012 marked the one year anniversary of a 1986 Toyota MR2 that I converted and put into service. I am averaging about 50 miles on a daily basis and charge the car off a 3.6kw solar system that I installed a few years back. The amazing results with this combination is that the payoff for the solar panel system decreased from a projected 20+ years to a little under 9 years with the addition of an electric vehicle. I am tracking actual payoff here http://mr2ev.com. I've also recently ordered a Tesla Model S for my wife which will further accelerate this payoff. Please share your own success stories on the EV Club!

Ready to help motivate others to change the world while driving clean? Please register for an account to join the EV Club here http://evclub.org/ucp.php?mode=register and start using the site on a periodic basis (daily,weekly,monthly) to track your EV usage. After you've done so, do the following to get started:

1. Login to your new account and select "Add EV".
2. Input the details of your EV(s) as completely as you can.
3. From the main page, select "Update EV" and update the odometer and the gas price at the local gas station.
4. Browse the forums to see what else is happening. For example, in the Contests forum you will find details on my pledge to donate my monthly gas savings to a club member to kick start his/her clean energy project or a nonprofit EV organization.
5. You can see a list of other member's EVs on the site by Clicking on the "Members" tab at the top of the page.

LA-smog1.jpg
SMOG in Los Angeles, CA
LA-smog1.jpg (43.51 KiB) Viewed 2809 times

SFSMOG-fromwater.jpg
SMOG in San Francisco, CA as seen from the Bay.
SFSMOG-fromwater.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 2809 times

I dream of one day living in a city where there is no SMOG because all the cars on the road are electric powered off renewable energy!

Since the site is new, feel free to give me feedback by posting on anything that you think can help make the site better and easy to use.
Thanks and welcome again!

Ken
kchiang
President

Re: Welcome to the EV Club!

Postby mr23 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Consider a companion club for electric yard care equipment.
o Elec-trak E16
o Ariens Amp24
o Greenworks 20" mower
o etc

Collect saved gasoline stats here too.
mr23

Return to News and Hot Topics